12 December 2008Verdict Research: European DIY retail 2008 analyzes the market conditions as real estate prices have begun to fall in the main EU markets. The report deals with the dynamics, growth trends and drivers, indicators and provides detailed recommendations. Even profiles of the top operators in the market including Kingfisher, Leroy Merlin and OBI, the market share of Europe's top Ten.
* Proprietary data on market value, specialists sales and growth 2002 -2007 data for each of the 27 EU countries.
* Key data on total expenditure, selling space, store numbers, sales densities and per capita expenditure for each of the 27 EU countries.
* Extensive profiles of the major EU DIY retailers, data on sales densities, space and store portfolio analysis, retail proposition and analysis.
* Detailed chapter on the five core European DIY markets, with market shares of leading players, recent developments and future prospects.
In 2007, EU DIY expenditure reached EUR140.9bn. While the mature markets of Western Europe grew by a meager 12.0% over the five-year period 2002-07, emerging markets in CEE, which strongly with a growth of 55.6%, well above the EU average of 15.7% . However, in the wake of the financial crisis, the outlook for 2008 has darkened considerably.
In the wake of the credit crisis, the outlook for the property and housing market across the EU is dire. The property boom whining Spain, Ireland, the Baltic States and the United Kingdom is now over. Housing growth in the EU as a whole has become a crawl and in some cases begun to restrict. This has had a visible impact on the fortunes of the DIY sector.
Faced with a severe recession, DIY retailers have to respond to market changes and adapt their strategies to new patterns of consumer behavior. The current difficult climate, they must agree on the price, be very selective with international expansion plans and kept non-essential investments, such as store renewal programs.
Reasons to Purchase
* Learn how difficult market conditions are driving competition among DIY retailers and what the prospects for EU DIY will in the short to medium term.
* Understand how evolving behavior of consumers is forcing retailers to develop new product, sales and marketing strategies to appeal to a wider market.
* Enter the successes and the growth prospects of key competitors and benchmark their performance against the market.